****UPDATED JUNE 3, 2014: Currently, the team sign-up function within the 2015 registration system is undergoing routine maintenance. To create or add yourself to a team, please email: email@example.com with your name and the team name. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Prizes for the Top 3 Largest Teams
Running is more fun with friends! Start or join a co-ed team of 10 or more, and run the race together in the spirit of friendly competition!
The three half marathon teams with the most members by February 1st will win the following:
- 1st (largest half marathon team): Free parking, pre-race reception* with private restrooms and post-race reception
- 2nd: Free parking, pre-race reception* with private restrooms
- 3rd: Free parking
All teams are co-ed & must have 2 or more of each gender finish to qualify for prizes. Teams are scored based on the sum of the fastest 8 finishers’ times. Here are the rules:
- There are 2 divisions: “Half Marathon Co-ed” & “5K Co-ed”
- Half Marathon teams can only have half marathon participants and 5K Teams can only have 5K participants
- More than 10 may join your team. However, in the event your team wins, the number of award packages may be limited to approximately 10.
- If you have less than 10 on your team, that is OK, because each team member is still registered as individuals. Team participation does not affect eligibility to receive individual awards (i.e., age group winner, overall masters, etc).
- A minimum of 10 must be registered per team by February 1st in order to be eligible for awards.
- A team’s final score is the sum of the fastest 8 finishers’ times (with 2 or more of each gender in the calculation).
- The lowest team score in each division wins
Good luck – and may the best teams win!
Start a Team
To start a team select “I want to start a new team” in the Team Participation section of the registration process. You will be prompted to provide us with a proposed team name and you will the captain of your new team. Once you complete your race registration, let each member of your group know the team name, so they can join when they register for the race.
Join an Existing Team
If you’ve been invited to join a team, select “I want to join a team that is already set up” in the “Team Participation” section of the registration process. You will be prompted to search for and select the team you want to join. If you decide to join a team after you have already registered, please email your name & team name to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st.