Running is more fun with friends! Start or join a co-ed team of 10 or more, and run the race together in the spirit of friendly competition!
There are two ways to win as a team:
- Be the biggest: win rewards as the largest team
- Be the fastest: win prizes as the fastest team in your division, half marathon or 5K
Rewards for the Largest Team
The team with the most members by February 1st will win the following:
- Free parking, pre-race reception* with private restrooms near the start line and post-race reception*
*The pre-race & post-race reception will be held at a location to be announced. Team members must be registered and join their team by February 1st to receive the winning teams’ benefits. [To team captains: stay tuned for a follow-up email regarding team winner announcements approximately 2 weeks before race day.]
Prizes for the Fastest Team
Here are the rules:
- There are 2 divisions: “Half Marathon” & “5K”
- Half Marathon teams can only have half marathon members; 5K Teams can only have 5K members.
- More than 10 may join your team. However, in the event your team wins, the number of award packages may be limited to approximately 10.
- If there are less than 10 on your team, each team member is still registered as an individual. Team participation does not affect eligibility to receive individual awards (i.e., age group winner, overall masters, etc).
- A minimum of 10 must be registered per team by February 1st in order to be eligible for team awards.
- A team’s final score is the sum of the fastest 8 finishers’ times, using a minimum of 2 of each gender in the calculation.
- The lowest team score in each division wins.
- After official results have been verified, all awards will be mailed to team captain’s address that they provided during registration.
Good luck – and may the best teams win!
Start a Team
To start a team select “I want to start a new team” in the Team Participation section of the registration process. You will be prompted to provide us with a proposed team name and you will the captain of your new team. Once you complete your race registration, let each member of your group know the team name, so they can join when they register for the race.
Join an Existing Team
If you’ve been invited to join a team, select “I want to join a team that is already set up” in the “Team Participation” section of the registration process. You will be prompted to search for and select the team you want to join. If you decide to join a team after you have already registered, please email your name & team name to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st.